Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A week away!!!

Hey All,

If you are reading this then you have found the very first of hopefully many updates on my excursion in eastern Europe!  God's provision has been so apparent over the last 6 months.  Whether it has been through opening doors in making all this a possibility, or providing an awesome job at Glenwood, or through all of your support His provision has been visible.  I am overwhelmed and humbled by your financial support, and am stoked to tell you that the trip is 100% funded! Praise God!  Your prayers have been much appreciated, and it would be amazing if you could keep them coming.

ONE WEEK from today we will be on a plane over the Atlantic, destination Europe! It sounds so surreal to say...ONE WEEK! I think that the more I repeat it to myself, the more it will finally sink in.  I am so excited to get on the ground and start this new adventure.  I can only dream of the ways God is going to work in Hungary, and I am so stoked to have you be a part of it with me!  The more I think of being in new cultures, aiding Rob and Liz, and developing relationships with the youth the more I wish I was there.

This week is so busy with finishing up work, packing, and saying good byes.  I am exhausted just thinking about it... The hardest part is saying good bye.  I have only had to say it to a few people already (which was hard enough), but I cant imagine what I will be feeling over this next week when I see the rest of you.  You all are so near and dear to me which makes leaving so very hard.  Good news though is we will see each other in December and I can't wait to hear about how God has worked in your lives.

Prayer Requests:

It seems so premature to have an expansive amount of requests, however my mind is swimming with ways you can help.  Plus prayer is going to be our most important weapon to combat the devil and his plans to make this trip unsuccessful.  Like I have mentioned, 1 week away and I am excited!  However, over the last couple of weeks fear and anxiety have found a place in my heart as the date has drawn near.  Fear of being useless and being away from you (family & friends), which has brought on anxiety.

Would you pray that:

  • God would replace my fears with His truth & that he gives me confidence, boldness, and direction 
  • Loneliness has no part in this trip
  • Safety in traveling, especially with our 4 lay overs
  • God will work in the hearts of the kids we will be interacting with
  • unity among us that are going, that we can be supportive of one another and communicate clearly
  • Praise God all that he has done so far and all that He will do 
God Bless,

Marc

1 comment:

  1. thanks so much for the blog and the post Marc! We will be praying for you especially regarding the fear and anxiety. It is so good to know that God has called you and He will be faithful to work through you in the ways He has planned from before eternity!

    ReplyDelete