Tuesday, October 15, 2013

What are your life dreams?

Hello Everyone!

Recently, I was informing you of my intentions to head back to Hungary, my heart for the people there, and of God’s handiwork in His direction for me. I am now in the thick of support raising. The burden that God has put on my heart for the people in Hungary is heavier, and His direction is also becoming clearer.  

I am so excited for what God is doing in Hungary! Daily, I find myself dreaming about being involved in ministry there and seeing young men and women commit their lives to Christ.  God in his abundance is molding this dream with one that my brother, Eric, and I have had for many years. That dream is to reach youth for Christ through soccer.  We are both so excited to be implementing a ministry called EDGE sports ministries, in Hungary.  More specifically it will be a soccer ministry that focuses on training and developing not only soccer skills but provides opportunities for non-believers to interact with believers in their community. Through weekly bible studies, invitations to youth groups/church functions and seeking out intentional relational moments at trainings, our hope is that God will transform the lives of young people in Hungary through sports.

A niche ministry, like soccer, is such a unique opportunity. In the USA we have so many options. Options to play sports at whatever level or commitment we desire. In soccer alone I think of countless options that include: YMCA, indoor, recreational, adult leagues, high school, university etc. The list is wide and the opportunities endless.

In Central & Eastern Europe this is not the case.  Sports are run through clubs. These clubs are not only costly but require performance and improvement. If you don’t impart either of these qualities then you get the boot. Needless to say, recreational options for students who enjoy a game, like soccer, is slim. For example, while Eric and I were serving in Budapest last year we got kicked off of at least 10 soccer fields because they cost money. During our time there we were unable to locate a field to play on for free.

Due to these dynamics Josiah Venture, my brother and I feel that niche sports ministries can thrive by meeting the needs that young people have.  Such needs include desire for community, encouragement, and opportunity. By reaching these things we can point them to their ultimate need, and that is a life giving relationship with Jesus Christ.

EDGE soccer ministries are currently starting in Poland and Slovenia.  Your prayers for these ministries, the leaders and their effectiveness are much appreciated.  Would you also pray for God’s providence and blessing for EDGE Soccer Hungary?  

Partner Development
This whole process of growing a support base is so new to me. Although difficult at times, God has been consistently developing me through this process. By the grace of God I find myself constantly becoming more confident in His plan and more bold in inviting you to be a part it. The dread I first experienced of making phone calls or one on one meeting has turned into an eager excitement to share about God’s goodness.  If that wasn't encouraging enough, your desire to partner with me, to pray for the ministry, and even commit your resources to what God is doing in Hungary are overwhelming.

At the times when I take my eyes off of God and find myself discouraged over the sacrifice and costs of where He is leading me I need a reminder.  A reminder of that dream. Not an imaginary dream or an unattainable one or anything of that sort.  Rather the dream of seeing young people commit their lives to Christ. Would you dream with me? Dream that God would take hold of the hearts of young men and women in Hungary and that a country would be transformed because of His goodness!

New Goals, Same Dream
Missionary Training International (MTI)! This is a four weeks missionary training conference in Colorado. This conference brings me yet another step closer to departing to Hungary. After hearing first hand from those who have been to the conference I have gathered how important the conference is before taking off on my mission to Hungary.  MTI will help prepare me for language learning, culture shock and invaluable training as I do missionary work abroad. I am currently scheduled for the January conference! Woohoo!!! Thus, February 2014 is my new goal for moving to Hungary!

Your partnership means the world to me. Would you pray for this new goal of February 2014? As we faithfully move toward this goal my needs remain the same. I request your help and partnership.Would you pray about partnering me through prayer, through connecting me to people you know, and/or through financial support?

Current Financial Situation

Outgoing Expenses: I am budgeted $19,000 for my outgoing expenses. This covers plane tickets, conferences, visas, relocation, etc. Outgoing expenses are one time gifts.  Out of the $19,000 to raise, I am currently at $3,851 (20% of my goal).

Monthly Salary: I am budgeted $3,000 for my monthly salary, which includes personal and ministry expenses. Personal expenses include: Food, rent, vehicle, phone, etc. Ministry expenses include: visa, travel, language learning, etc. Out of the $3,000 to raise, I am currently at $893 (30% of my goal).

God has been so faithful to provide for my financial needs. The selfless giving I have received overwhelms my heart. I ask that you would continue to pray that these financial needs are met byFebruary 1st! This is a big request, but we have a big God who is more than able!

Prayer Requests

- Pray for my new deadline (February 2014)
- Pray for more one on one meetings with potential supporters
- Pray that God would be working in the hearts of Hungarians
- Pray for the saints in Hungary, that they would take courage and be bold
- Pray that I would trust God and His perfect timing
- Pray that God would provide 3 businesses/owners willing to partner with this ministry

I am so thankful for your love and support. If you have any questions at all please don’t hesitate to contact me (my info is below).

Life Update

Currently I am working at Ambassador Wealth Management. God graciously provided me with this job upon returning from Hungary back in December. Your prayers that God would provide natural connections at work to share about Christ and the ministry in Hungary would be much appreciated.

Since graduating from Concordia University in 2011, I have had the umbrella of student loans looming over me.Through a consistent work schedule and God’s provision I have 3/4 of them paid off!!! Yay!

I am learning not to take for granted the time spent with my family. Over the past couple of months some of the memories we have made include: my mother's graduation, dinner/movie nights, our first family garage sale, Saturday morning run/hangout, beach vacation, surfing, and so much more.

It is hard to realize now, but after spending 6 months abroad, I have gained a small glimpse of how difficult it can be living halfway across the world from the ones I love. I am so grateful for these moments.

I have absolutely cherished my one on one meetings with supportersGod has given me a desire for the people in Hungary to know Him and inviting you to share in that is an honor. I look forward to the many meetings to come.

God Bless,
Marc Meland, Josiah Venture
"Equipping young leaders in Eastern Europe to fulfill Christ's Commission"

Address: 3901 NE 41st St, Vancouver, WA 98661

Click on links below to follow me on...

No comments:

Post a Comment