Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Forget tunnel vision

Support raising is a bear.  Not sure why I chose this animal to convey my feelings on the matter.  I guess in my mind it just seems to fit.  Maybe I chose a bear because it is big, sturdy,  and hard to move... lol, or because it sleeps for months on end.  It can't be because it loves honey. Let's be honest, who doesn't?

I guess I chose a bear because I associate this animal with a big task... and support raising is a big task.  I am quickly discovering that this process involves many moving parts. And even though it feels big, I know that I have a God that is bigger, and a God that is faithful to provide. 

Maybe you can relate, but I struggle to trust God with certain things.  With support raising, I have found it hard to give God control of the outcomes. I get "tunnel vision" on my tasks, which opens the door to anxiety and worry.... not good.  I also like to plan and over analyze. I find myself asking what if?... I have found myself allowing "success" and "failure" (whatever that means) to define how I think of others, and even worse, how God views me.  Thinking that actions can increase or decrease God's desire for His beloved is just ridiculous.

This is something God has been convicting me on as of recently. Although it has been difficult to face, I have been refreshed by spending time with Him.  It is so good to be reminded of my identity in Him, through the Word of God.

On the flip side of things, my heart is overwhelmed by your love and support.  Over the past 3 weeks, I have had 10 meetings with potential supporters!!! This has for sure been the highlight for me.  There is something so exciting about sitting down with you and sharing about what God is doing in Hungary.  Being able to cast vision for God's plans for me in Hungary has been an honor and a privilege. I get so excited thinking about what God is going to do and having you involved in His mission with me is energizing.  

To say that I am stoked for the future times I have to share with others is an understatement.  I would love to sit down with you;  Even if you think that you have enough information or that you are already supporting what God is doing in Hungary... There is something so beneficial and encouraging about believers coming together, in fellowship, to praise a God who is at work among us!

As I am looking forward in anticipation, I find myself easily discouraged for where I am at now. In Hungary, God is opening so many doors for me to use my passions and gifts (discipling youth, sharing the Gospel, soccer) that it has been easy for me to believe the lies that I am of "no use" here.

First off, I had to go to God with these false beliefs.  Secondly, I had to take a step back in amazement to see that God, by his grace, is using me here.  Being involved with both the Middle School & College Students at Glenwood is such a privilege.  I love seeing them taking steps toward Christ and encouraging their friends to do the same.  Joining in with them in that role of discipleship is such an honor. I ask that you would take a step back and recognize the ways God is using you! And then thank Him!

I am so thankful for ministry opportunities at work and in my apartment of 6! In this process of support raising, I have begun to realize that the ministry that God has me a part of in Hungary doesn't begin when I land there.  Rather it has already began. 

Would you join me in what God is doing? Through prayer, receiving updates, financial support, or telling a friend.... then please click the link to receive more info: http://eepurl.com/AFfej

I have many prayer requests: 1) for churches and believers in Hungary, 2) for a nation of young people that so desperately need him, and 3) for my own spiritual development. If you would like to receive my prayer request then click the link above!

In Christ,

Marc Meland, Josiah Venture
"Equipping young leaders in Eastern Europe to fulfill Christ's Commission"

Address: 5105 NE 72nd Ave 52F, Vancouver, Wa 98661
Account: 142010






No comments:

Post a Comment